Let's Discuss: Reading Multiple Books at Once

July 25, 2017


Welcome to my weekly discussion post called Let's Discuss where I discuss a hot topic from around the book blogosphere. This week I wanted to talk about read multiple books at one time.


Which I am absolutely terrible at! There have been times that I would be reading a physical book, reading a book on my Kindle and listening to an audio book all at one time. But I have found that it takes me forever to finish just those three books. It mostly becomes a battle between my Kindle and the physical book. It is much easier for me to immerse myself in once story at a time that I read with my eyes and one story that I listen to.

I wish I had the ability to read more than one book at a time because sometime when I'm reading a real chunker, it's really a pain to carry around. But from much trial and error I know that I can only read one book at a time. Are you able to read multiple books at one time? Let me know in the comments!

7 comments

  1. I usually only read one book at a time; it's hard enough keeping one straight! Sometimes, if I'm reading a super-long 800+ page book, I'll break it down into sections and read it between other books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's pretty smart. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who usually reads one book at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer reading one book at a time but I do read multiple books a lot. But only when I'm buddy reading a book because I usually read faster than the people I read those books with so I need something more to read. Or if the book is really long like Angela said above. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very occasionally read more than one, but I vastly prefer to go one at a time. Any more than two and they all get slowed down and/ or I lose track of one of them lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topic! I prefer to do one book at a time but find I can handle two at a time if the books are very different from each other, like a fantasy novel coupled with a contemporary or maybe a celeb memoir. If the books are too similar, like two fantasies or two contemporaries, my brain struggles to keep the plots and characters straight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s impossible for me to read two novels at the same time. I do like reading one short story collection and one novel at the same time, though. If I’m reading two novels, one tends to get neglected while I finish the other one.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the longest time, I couldn't quite wrap my head around reading two books at once, but after getting hooked on audiobooks I find I can actually do it -- perhaps because I read audiobooks at specific times so I can focus on them? I have no real idea, it just sort of works for me!

    ReplyDelete