Can't Wait Wednesday: The Witch Elm

August 1, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly blog hop of anticipated book releases hosted by Tessa @ Wishful Endings.

Title: The Witch Elm
Author: Tana French
Release Date: October 09, 2018
Find it Here: Amazon // Goodreads

Toby is a happy-go-lucky charmer who’s dodged a scrape at work and is celebrating with friends when the night takes a turn that will change his life – he surprises two burglars who beat him and leave him for dead. Struggling to recover from his injuries, beginning to understand that he might never be the same man again, he takes refuge at his family’s ancestral home to care for his dying uncle Hugo. Then a skull is found in the trunk of an elm tree in the garden – and as detectives close in, Toby is forced to face the possibility that his past may not be what he has always believed.

I read Into the Woods by Tana French a couple years ago and I remember it being very engrossing. I've always wanted to read another one of French's books but didn't really want to commit to the Dublin Squad series. I'm very excited to read her new stand alone novel which sounds really great! It also seems like the perfect October/Halloween read.

What are you waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments

  1. This one is definitely on my list as well. Her Dublin Squad books are really only loosely connected. They can read out of order with no problem. And I'm someone who likes to read in order. Just saying...in case you change your mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interesting to know how all these things are connected!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a standalone,I couldn't get into her work before. I might try this.
    My can't-wait post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I haven't read any of her books. Bad I know. Kimberly is a huge fan, too. Lol. I definitely need to get on this train though. This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete