Let's Discuss: Reading Rituals

September 7, 2017

Hey readers! Welcome to Let's Discuss where I like to talk about book related topic! This week we're talking about reading rituals and what makes an environment conducive to reading.

I always like to know about people's different rituals and traditions. Do you have a certain reading chair, do you like to munch while you read, do you usually have some kind of beverage in hand while you read? I like to know little quirks like this about people.

Now that I'm so busy all the time, I literally get my reading in when I can. I read on my lunch break, I read a little before bed and if I get off work early and I'm not doing homework or working on this blog, then I'll get some more reading in. Before I started this program, I used to be able to sit down for long periods of time and read like half or at least most of a book in one sitting. When I used to have more time to read I would usually sit in my reading chair, get myself a cold beverage and sometimes I would like to snack on M&Ms or like a cheesy popcorn. Here's what my spot looks like:


I really love my reading chair and I wished I had more time to use it. But I'm not really like a ritual type person and I can read almost anywhere at anytime. 

Do you have any reading rituals that you like to practice? Do you have a favorite reading spot? Let me know in the comments! 

11 comments

  1. I pretty much only read in bed at night. During the day, it’s hard to concentrate on reading because there’s so much other stuff going on.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I totally understand. Reading in the evening is the best!

      Delete
  2. I mostly read on public transportation since I need to take it a lot or at home in the evenings only. Love your reading spot! #GOALS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't have to drive to work and I could take like an underground or that it didn't take 2 hours on the bus. I also listen to audiobooks on my commute and occasionally postcasts. Thanks for the compliment! It's one of the few #lifegoals I've accomplished :)

      Delete
  3. I love your reading spot! It looks so cozy and I love all the shelves! I typically read on my couch, at night after my husband has gone to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My husband actually custom built them for me! Having a library and a reading spot was a goal that I could finally accomplish after we purchased our home. I also get a lot of my reading done in the evening.

      Delete
  4. Fun topic! I do have a favorite reading chair and I seem to alternate between reading in it and reading in my bed because I love to read at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading at night seems to be the general consensus. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I don't really have any rituals per se, but I do have a favorite chair I like to read in. Your reading spot BTW looks awesome! Love your shelves! I'm kinda the same way now, I try to sneak reading in whenever I can, and it's not always in my preferred spot lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah when life is busy you need to get the reading in when you can. My husband actually custom build me those shelves earlier this year! I just love them so much!

      Delete
  6. I love your reading spot :) I can't say I have a spot though, that's too much of a luxury.. since I just try to squirrel some reading time in whenever I can. Most of the time, it's before bed. Often on the bus :) somehow I love reading while traveling!

    ReplyDelete