Life Update: April 2020

April 2, 2020


Looking back at my blog, I can't believe that the last post I published was way back in August of 2018!!! That was so long ago and so much has happened since then. Since it was nearly two years ago, I literally feel like I'm a different person now.

When my last book review was published on this blog, my baby girl, Emery, was only two months old and now she is almost two years old! She has grown up so much over the past year and has a sassy little mouth on her. She is so spirited and there is never a dull moment with her. I also had another baby since then and he is almost six months old! RJ is so chill, hardly cries, loves eating and much to my delight, is sleeping through the night in his own room! After Emery, I never thought I would have a baby like him!


I'm still teaching special education and with everything that is going on right now, I'm trying to figure out this whole distance learning/teaching thing. Speaking of these unprecedented times, I have found that I have a lot of extra time to get back to reading now! And I thought, why not get back to blogging again too! It's unlikely that I'll be back to work this school year so it looks like I'll have extra time throughout the summer too!

So far in 2020, I have read 14 books. 3 adult fiction, 2 young adult fiction, 1 middle grade book and 7 picture books (I'm taking a children's literature class right now). I think this is the perfect time to get back into reading and blogging and being involved in this community again! After having two children and getting my teaching license, I'm starting to feel like myself again and it feels so good! Hope to see you back here soon!

2 comments

  1. Crystal! So good to see you blogging again. So much has changed in 2 years and now we are living through an even crazier time. That's awesome that you are getting some more reading time in. Do the kids like books, too? I can't wait to see you and Em again and meet little RJ. Sending you big hugs from CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your children are adorable! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete