The Sunday Post #5: I Survived my First Day of School!

August 20, 2017

The Sunday post is a weekly blog hop of weekly wrap-ups hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer!

Other than my first day of school, which was yesterday, my week was pretty uneventful and actually pretty boring. I just worked, read, cleaned and walked my dog everyday. I actually had a couple of pretty bad headaches after work this week and I wasn't able to post as many reviews as I usually do. I had my first day of school yesterday and it was amazing! Other than the fact that there is a ton about special education that I don't know, I'm really excited to learn everything I need to know to get through my first year of teaching. I can't wait for the rest of my program!

Read Last Week:




The Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle

Currently Reading:



Witch Slapped by Dakota Cassidy: I'm listening to Witch Slapped on audio book and it's really funny! I think this is going to be a really enjoyable series.

It's Always the Husband by Michele Campbell: It's Always the Husband is our August book club pick and I have to say, I'm really into the story! It's pretty mysterious and it goes back and forth from the past to the present. I'm interested to see what the big reveal is! 

Last Week on the Blog:


Wednesday: Anticipating There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

Thursday: Discussing why I love non-fiction

Friday: Book Review of Mosquitoland by David Arnold

I hope everyone else had a great week especially since a lot of schools start back in this past week. School start as made me so excited for fall and really excited for fall and Halloween reads! Happy reading friends! 

7 comments

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog...enjoy your week, and I'm curious about The Hatchet. I loved It's Always the Husband.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that school is going well for you!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great first day! I'm still shocked we're back to school time already- where did the summer go? But if it has to start at least it can be a good start. :)

    It's Always the Husband DOES look mysterious and I might need to get that one. It's been all thrillers all the time over here lol. And I can't wait for the new Perkins book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you like The Girl from Everywhere? I've had my eye on it for quite some time. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you enjoyed your start of school! Have a great week!

    Anne @ The Reading Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Witch Slapped sounds like a fun book. Went to read the blurb and seems like a lot of things are going on!

    Glad that you enjoyed the start of school! I have some young kids who dread the last days of school break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Always the Husband sounds fab! I love when book club books work out as they can be hit or miss when you're not choosing the read yourself.

    ReplyDelete