January 2017 Wrap Up

February 2, 2017
I work graveyard. It sucks but it is what it is. Finding a semi-functional sleeping schedule is very difficult. It's also been really hard on my reading schedule since all I want to do is sleep and veg out. I've been working really hard to work out a schedule that includes reading, sleeping and watching a little TV that doesn't leave me completely exhausted and unable to shake my sleep fog.

Needless to say, I didn't read as much as I had planned. But here's what I did read:

Read:

Before He Finds Her by Michael Kardos
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson
A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet

So I only read four books this month, two I physically read and two I listened to on audio. The Underground Railroad and The Bookseller were both pretty good but Before He Finds Her and A Promise of Fire were absolute garbage. I'll be posting a few reviews soon. I'm looking forward to reading more books in February and I also hope I like them much better than the books I read in January.

This year I decided I wanted to branch out a little from my usual reads and explore some romance. Chelsea from The Reading Outlaw on Youtube has put together a group on Goodreads called Sexy in '17 which introduces romance novels to those who don't know much about the genre. We've already had a lot of really great discussion and I can't wait to see which novels she's going to choose this year!

Now that I have settled into my new schedule and my new house, I'm hoping to read a whole lot more. New month, new TBR and a whole lot of books to read!

No comments