WWW: February 8, 2023

February 8, 2023

WWW is hosted at Taking on a World of Words.



The three W's are:

  1. What are you currently reading?
  2. What did you recently finish reading?
  3. What do you think you'll read next?
Currently Reading:
The physical book I'm currently reading is Not a Happy Family by Sheri Lapena. I really loved The Couple Next Door (by the same author) when I read it a couple years ago! She writes great thrillers and I will most likely read everything she writes! I'm also continuing my Harry Potter Series re-read by listening to the audio books for the first time. I just started listening to Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets and, even though Chamber is my least favorite book of the series, I'm still loving it! 

Recently Finished: I've recently finished quite a few books. On audio, I finished The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins and it was okay. I liked the fact that it was a thriller but it wasn't super shocking at the end which is what I usually like about thrillers. I also listened to Hook, Line and Sinker by Tessa Bailey. So good! I loved more than It Happened One Summer. I will definitely be reading more of her books! I did a DNF of Jade City by Fonda Lee. I thought the book was good but it was just so slow. I was already 250 pages in and I
felt like I was slogging through it. I knew I couldn't do another 250 pages at the pace the story was moving. I also read Hounded by Kevin Hearne. It was so fast paced and full of adventure and magic. I loved it and I can't wait to read the next one! 

Reading Next: My next audio book will probably be The Librarian of Crooked Lane by C.J. Archer and then another Tessa Bailey book because they are so fun to listen to on audio! I'm really excited to get started on Hexed by Kevin Hearne, the second in the Iron Druid Chronicles. I'm also really excited to re-read The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, the second in the Fire and Thorns series. 

Have you read any of these? Let me know what you think!


No comments